Micro Mining???

The DigiByte Community Forums Projects Ideas 💡 Micro Mining???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So what is everyone’s thoughts on Micro-Mining, and to clarify what I’m considering “Micro-Mining”, is the use of average desktop computers, laptops, and mobil devices (Mac or PC) to easily and efficiently mine small amounts of crypto, by doing no more then leaving those electrical devices plugged in and letting them run, as they already exist.
    I’ve experimented with minergate and like it, but is there anything anyone knows about, that’s similar (or better), that I could try, promote, experiment with in DGB??

I’m not a developer or coder, but I was a very early believer in BTC, (and Crypto) so I’ve done very well with it from an investment standpoint, but now I want to participate in helping create, promote, experiment with concepts that push mass adoption to the 90% of the human population that aren’t coders or developers either! There is no greater tool that you can do that with IMO, then making mining crypto a quick push button affair that takes only 5-10 minutes to get started, and suddenly within days, kids and other crypto enthusiast around the world, could have DGB being deposited into their smartphone wallets.
    In USD terms DGB is only worth a penny or two at this point, but in most Countries of the world, over half the human population survives on the equivalent of 50-65 USD denominated DGB a day! I don’t say that as some “ideological lecture”, I mean that is just a reality that exists, and creation of tech that makes mass adoption of mining (even in a micro way) could be something to consider, and collectively very powerful with the DGB ecosystem.
    Any one have any thoughts on this????

AlexAlex

ProgPow algorithm does that if you know how to tweak 2-3 things here in there, Josiah from DigiByte did a fundraise for the algo to be implemented, now all we have to do is to wait and hope the majority of miners will switch to ProgPow, otherwise it will be a fail, so that is very important.

You can read Josiah medium article about it here.
    Read about ProgPow in-depth here.

Altough there is one more mining algorithm named RandomX who gives the ability the mine even on your smartphone/tablet,as it doesn’t require computing power, but of course, the rewards would be very low.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by AlexAlex.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by AlexAlex.
    Participant

Alex, I quickly looked over both links, thx so much, as i stated I’m not a coder or developer, so my interest is in investment, implementation, marketing, and education of any practical applications that exist.

For example, I have access thru a mentoring opportunity and a national non profit, to educate potentially 1000’s of HS kids, most of who are fascinated with the idea of Crypto, but who have no access to credit cards, coin exchanges, or resources to “play around” with buying crypto. If there was a way to easily and reliably show these kids,(who amazingly all mostly have iphones, ipads, and access to laptops, etc) how they could mine DGB with there existing devices and if they wanted to take it to the next level, how they could mine with GPU potentially, I think that would be great for them and DGB ultimately!

My main interest isn’t in today, it’s in 1-5 years from now, I know most people “working” in Crypto are doing exactly that, trying to make a living, or turn a quick profit on investment. But as Jared and others have begun to express, the culture in Crypto is starting to become very “short sighted” and IMO is losing track of the original purpose of mineable Coins. I’m certainly not implying I alone can enact some great change, but I am trying to push forward with meeting people, exchanging ideas, possibly investing in some things related to DGB if the opportunity exists, but mostly I want to assist (if I can) in DGB reaching its full potential!

If anyone wants to chat directly you can email me at [email protected], but I completely intend to continue to participate in this forum and others.

Is there anything currently developed using RandomX to experiment with, or incentivize others to build out on? Also has anyone spent anytime up until now, creating easy to understand processes (digital content) with regard to GPU mining DGB as well, and by that I mean, material the average person can without much education in coding or web developing, understand, purchase, setup, download software, and begin mining in an easy, real and practical way?

I have over the years done some mining of other coins, both GPU and with Bitmain products and spent hundreds of hours on youtube watching just mostly complete garbage, hard to understand, hard to follow without a developer background, stuff! It was frustrating and annoying to say the least, I stuck with it because i had the time and passion for the subject. I would love to see the DGB community embrace being the coin, that reinvents the way we market and most importantly talk to the general public about the opportunity DGB is!!

As always, any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enquire now

Give us a call or fill in the form below and we will contact you. We endeavor to answer all inquiries within 24 hours on business days.