DGB pre-paid debit cards?

The DigiByte Community Forums Marketing Ideas 💡 DGB pre-paid debit cards?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Do any DGB fans here also use pre-paid crypto debit cards like Crypto.com? I’ve been using their pre-paid debit card + app for a few months and so far I’m a fan. For those that don’t know, you can transfer multiple types of crypto into the wallet and load it onto the debit card, allowing you to spend crypto like fiat.

Not trying to promote crypto.com or anything but wondering what you guys think if DGB was available on a platform like that? I’m no expert but from a marketing standpoint it seems adding DGB to platforms like this would give us a lot of exposure. Unless we can come up with pre-paid debit cards ourselves haha.

Thoughts?

Participant

I like the idea and have wondered if this was something DGB would want to do as well! Especially, it seems like something Miners would really benefit with. Since you use one now, does the card allow you to send Crypto via debit/CC infrastructure, or is it you load Crypto and it “does the math for you” and pays for purchases in USD via the card?

ferdiferdi
    Participant

Do any DGB fans here also use pre-paid crypto debit cards like Crypto.com? I’ve been using their pre-paid debit card + app for a few months and so far I’m a fan. For those that don’t know, you can transfer multiple types of crypto into the wallet and load it onto the debit card, allowing you to spend crypto like fiat…

I love the idea of having that ability. The ability to use your DGB to purchase nearly anything. I think that’s a very strong marketing feature, to be able to say, 'yeah, you can use your DGB to purchase your everyday goods'

Would I personally use DGB to purchase everyday goods at point in the adoption timeline, not if had to.
    I’d rather wait ’till crpto adoption was at the top of the bell curve, before I started using it like cash.

But hey, I’m sure there are plenty of people who find value in being able to use DGB via a Debit Card, I lovee that idea and it will eventually happen, it’s inevitable in my opinion.

Participant

The biggest “value” I would see in the short to medium term with being able to accept or make payment in DGB via debit style cards, would be with creatives and miners, I always think the dream of any crypto enthusiast (myself included) is to be able to purchase, invest, and sell in your preferred crypto, without needing to “leave the ecosystem”, if you wanted to!
    This is essentially where the “freedom” within Crypto actually exist and the allure is for so many trying to escape the corrupt rat race, that is fiat currency systems. So any tool that helps push this agenda forward, is great IMO.

Participant

The biggest “value�? I would see in the short to medium term with being able to accept or make payment in DGB via debit style cards, would be with creatives and miners, I always think the dream of any crypto enthusiast (myself included) is to be able to purchase, invest, and sell in your preferred crypto, without needing to “leave the ecosystem�?, if you wanted to!

Could you imagine a feature where you could load your DGB on your pre-paid debit card directly from the DGB Mobile app? It would auto-convert the DGB price to the Fiat of your choosing; this would allow you to purchase in the fiat credit-card system seamlessly without having to leave the DGB ecosystem. I would use the hell out of that!

Add a way to purchase DGB from the app as well and you have instant mass-adoption. As far as I can tell, CRO became the Rank 14 coin solely because of these 2 features.

Participant

That would be great, I see it more as an “app” or tech hybrid product, which would allow users to load DGB into “this product” via their long term wallets, have it instantly convert to the currency of your choice, then be able to “take payment or purchase products/services” via traditional international banking tech (IE the swift system/visa/mastercard/discovery/)!
    Then be able to convert back to DGB and back out to long term wallet storage.

Now obviously the international globalist banking infrastructure (Reserve Banks) wants to fight this tooth and nail and until hell freezes over, for a multitude of reasons, the biggest being, every form of taxation (VAT, Sales, income) will find this VERY hard to track, disclose, trace, and enforce on the consumers of the world. Hence the elephant in the room, with regard to adoption and financial integration of Crypto into the larger global or local market system.

Obviously a giant like Amazon, facebook, or Google could revolutionize the situation overnight, if they choose to integrate within their already existing infrastructure, a crypto option, but don’t hold your breath, they are all public companies, controlled by banking regulations and incentivized by hundreds of billions of dollars, NOT to do anything like that!

Smartphones are another option that could “innovate” the situation and make some of what I described above possible, but they would need to have operating systems that weren’t controlled by the same Giants I mentioned above!

So Crypto IMO will need to invest in its own digital marketplaces, (IE Amazon, Ebay, etc) and tech infrastructure, if they want to make that a reality, and the international banking system is something so big and insane, I honestly think it may take a collapse of the whole system and a market need to reinvent and rebuild something new, before crypto will be considered. That may not be as far away as many think, but it wont be next year either!

Participant

Now obviously the international globalist banking infrastructure (Reserve Banks) wants to fight this tooth and nail and until hell freezes over, for a multitude of reasons, the biggest being, every form of taxation (VAT, Sales, income) will find this VERY hard to track, disclose, trace, and enforce on the consumers of the world. Hence the elephant in the room, with regard to adoption and financial integration of Crypto into the larger global or local market system.

I’m just wondering how currently existing coins like CRO have already managed to adopt pre-paid debit cards? Partnerships with credit card companies like Visa? I assume there’s got to be some way or else they would have been taken down already.

That being said, I wonder what it would take for DGB to add this? From both a tech and partnerships perspective, is it feasible?

Participant

Your second question is surely beyond my “pay-grade”, but I suspect the coins that have been able to make “partnerships” within the current system, are being asked to compromise a great deal, I don’t have any specifics, because I haven’t studied it all that much to be honest. My passion is much more in the “purist” realm of wanting to see DGB or other specific Crypto’s I’m heavily invested in (Zcash and Dash are two others), become actual disruptors and alternatives to the current system, not be Co-oped by it. I do know compromise will be needed at some point along the process, but what and how that takes shape, will be the difference between success and utter failure!

Participant

Your second question is surely beyond my “pay-grade�?, but I suspect the coins that have been able to make “partnerships�? within the current system, are being asked to compromise a great deal, I don’t have any specifics, because I haven’t studied it all that much to be honest. My passion is much more in the “purist�? realm of wanting to see DGB or other specific Crypto’s I’m heavily invested in (Zcash and Dash are two others), become actual disruptors and alternatives to the current system, not be Co-oped by it. I do know compromise will be needed at some point along the process, but what and how that takes shape, will be the difference between success and utter failure!

I see what you’re saying and I agree, eventually I hope the crypto system will disrupt and overtake the banking and payment systems.

I guess I am more in the camp of ‘if crypto wants mass-adoption, we must bring it to the masses.’ We need ease of use and mass appeal to those that aren’t interested in crypto tech/philosophy the way we early adopters are. I understand that not everyone feels the same way I do about this.

If something like this were possible with DGB, I’d say the Foundation could look into it and let the community vote!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enquire now

Give us a call or fill in the form below and we will contact you. We endeavor to answer all inquiries within 24 hours on business days.